Was there a grandparent or older adult during your childhood, adolescence or even as an adult, that has or will leave a lasting positive impression on you? Someone that you had or continue to have a very special connection or relationship with, was or is a mentor to you, unconditionally listened or listens and supports you, made or makes you feel good about yourself and who you are as a human being as a whole? Given these rich and genuine life experiences, you now have a desire to give back by helping older adults through their aging years. Well look no further!
Elder Care Consultants, Inc. (ECC) is seeking a healthcare professional with experience in Aging Life Care Management for a part-time to full-time (w-2) position. Part-time work is 15-20 hours a week, and full-time is 25 + hours per week. The job requires commitment, compassion, and the ability to work independently but also collaboratively with the team. You will certainly enjoy being a part of a growing team and feeling accomplished and acknowledged as you positively impact and give back to our older and disabled adults.
Additional benefits include:
- Excellent office culture
- Flexible schedule
- Ability to work independently
- Bi-weekly team meetings
- Competitive hourly rates for billable travel and care management.
- Work smart phone/computer stipend
- Job growth and development
We are stronger when working together and we help one another grow professionally!
- Reside in Northern, Virginia, and service Northern, VA with a concentration in Fairfax Co, Arlington Co. and the City of Falls Church.
- Conduct client assessment and/or visit(s) in various residential settings such as private residence, hospital, and/or alternative senior residential settings.
- Undergraduate degree in Social Work or Nursing. Healthcare related graduate degree a plus.
- Minimum five years experience in healthcare.
- Minimum three years directly working in care or case management for aging adults.
- Demonstrate autonomy, flexibility, and responsiveness.
- Highly personable, friendly, empathetic, and engaging.
- Work well as a team member.
- Develop effective communication and working relationships with community and professional organizations.
- Comprehensive understanding of local and national resources, state and federal programs, community and professional organizations, senior residential settings, and additional systems within the field of health and human services.
- Professional interpersonal, organizational, communication, and writing skills.
- Computer proficient.
- Respond to occasional weekend and evening emergencies.
- Driver’s license, clean driving record, and personal car to use for local travel.
- Conduct comprehensive client assessments, including but not limited to medical, physical, functional, cognitive, nutritional, financial, psychosocial, spiritual, environmental and home safety, with periodic re-evaluation.
- Write a comprehensive assessment, treatment plan of care / care plan with recommended resources.
- Modify treatment plan of care/ care plan, based on routine visits to monitor client’s status, on-going oversight and care management.
- Placement recommendations such as Independent Living, Assisted Living, Skilled/Sub-Acute Rehabilitation, Skilled/Long-term Care Nursing, Acute Rehabilitation.
- Provide Short- and Long-term Care Management.
- Coordinate care with families at a distance.
- Refer to legal and support services such as life care planning, estate planning, guardianship, disability, veterans administration benefits.
- Refer to and/or facilitate services such as home care/home health care, transportation, home modification/universal design and home repair, durable medical equipment, senior centers, personal emergency response systems/supports, and more.
- Arrange and/or participate in provider services rendered, such as medical appointments, home health care, tours of alternative residential settings, home repair/modification and other services.
- Advise on health insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, palliative, and hospice/end of life care.
- Provide crisis intervention, educational counseling and support for caregivers and family members.
- Assist and advocate in emergency situations.
- Rotate on-call services (approximately 1 weekend a month)
- Complete required documentation on each client via care management software provided.
If you meet the requirements and are ready to take the next step in your healthcare services career, please send your resume with cover letter.
About Elder Care Consultants, Inc.
Elder Care Consultants (ECC) is an interdisciplinary team of care managers. Leading the team is founder and president, Vanessa Bishop, MSW, LCSW, CMC. With years of training and experience, our care managers have the expertise to meet the varied needs of our clients. Our care managers have worked extensively on the front lines of every aspect of the healthcare system and health-related human services. ECC care managers provide and help implement a customized and comprehensive plan of care. Our care managers quickly mobilize in emergency situations and changing circumstances. They are well prepared to understand and respond creatively to a wide variety of health care needs. You too could be a part of the ECC team.
Learn more about ECC at: www.eldercc.com.
You are on this website because you are an individual who may need care or you are a family member trying to figure out how to help your loved one during these extraordinary times.