At ECC, our goal is to make sure that our clients get the right medication on the right schedule.
Getting Started with Medication Management
We start with a comprehensive assessment of the client’s medication needs. Our goal is to get a full understanding of each client’s needs and medications and to create an easy medication administration system. Our nurse will check-in regularly to make sure everything is on track and will address changes and challenges as they arise especially during vulnerable periods such as after a hospital discharge.
We Cover all the Bases
Our medication management assessment and administration process includes:
- Determining all medications – prescription and over-the-counter and the ideal schedule
- Providing education on each medication
- Gathering physician and pharmacy information
- Working with physicians to address questions or concerns
- Reviewing and documenting medical history, including allergies
- Assessing current challenges
- Coordinating timely refills from local or mail-in pharmacies
- We maintain a current list of information related to all medications
- Understanding insurance coverage and requirements
- Discussing the options for medication management including:
- Loading of medication boxes
- Arranging for the installation of devices used for medication administration or arranging for medications to be packaged in easy-to-administer blister packs when appropriate
We address changes and challenges as they come up and provide an opportunity to answer questions or concerns.
“Our family felt so helpless—we had no idea what dad needed, and how to provide it to him. How could we choose the right assisted living facility for him? One that could meet his medical needs while providing as much independence? Elder Care Consultants helped us navigate through the maze of options, and dad is happy and thriving.” – Serena, daughter